First West of England, a bus operator for Bath and Somerset, has announced some changes to its fares outside Bath and Bristol, which will take effect from November 11.
Here is what you should expect:
- The West of England zone now covers all travels outside Bristol, Bath and Weston-super-Mare zones. Adult day tickets bought before boarding are reduced by £1, week tickets by £3, month tickets by £16 and year tickets by £210.
- Discount of up to 50% for children, 30% for students and those aged 16 to 21. All these are to reduce fares along the West of England Zone.
- Tickets bought before November 11 for Weston-super-Mare Outer Zone and Bath and Bristol Outer Zone will be valid for the whole West of England zone.
- Tickets purchased on the bus will cost more but mTicket remains unchanged.
- You can now use Travelwest smartcard to match mTicket price. You can also top up the smartcard at Payzone stores as it will no longer be done on the bus.
- Single ticket prices will increase by 50p.
- West of England Zone pack of five single journeys at £3.50 per journey will replace the pack of 10 single journeys previously available for the Bath and Bristol Outer Zone and will be sold at £3.50 per journey with tickets available on mTickets and the Travelwest smartcard.
- Ticket for West of England zone is valid across the whole network including Bath, Bristol and Weston-super-Mare zones.