Would you** like to have more Time to Care in one location rather than often commuting?
**We work to inspire** vibrant community hubs that enriches our clients later lives by promoting as many opportunities as possible to remain mentally and physically active. Care Support has been providing care and support to people for over 20 years. Originating in the homecare sector, we have now developed into a specialist Extra Care provider, delivering personalised Extra Care and support to over 800 clients in the South East and continuing to grow.
* No two days are the same and your responsibilities will range from helping clients to get up and ready for the day, from washing, bathing, toileting to helping with all the little things; the laundry, cleaning, shopping and cooking.
* Your role, according to the Care Plan that youre providing, may also include providing specialist care and supporting our clients with more complex needs.
* You can work full time or part time whichever hours suit you although availability to work alternative weekends are important.
* Working variable hours may mean that your hours can change weekly, dependent on your rota. It might also mean that you may work within one other scheme (based in Paignton) from time to time.
* Please note that the business is open during bank holidays and so we would need you to work on some bank holidays.
* You will work within our Extra Care scheme which means that you will work in one location for an entire shift offering you less time commuting and more time to care!
* **Dunboyne Court** offers a nearby bus stop, with a 17-minute bus journey in to Torquay station and a 30-minute bus journey to Paignton bus station. There is free on-the-road parking available within two minutes walk from the scheme.
* This scheme has been open for 7-8 years, is centrally located – with St Marys Church precinct a chemist, bakers, barbers, banks, cafes and bazar on your door-step. This scheme offers an on-site restaurant that the staff can make use of or a communal (shared) staff room with all the facilities (plus free tea and coffee!) needed for your lunch and breaks.
* The team say that they enjoy their team, being this close to all the amenities and the beautiful and modern building. It always helps to have a friendly management team and to be on a main bus route too! We have an interesting mix of clients in this scheme and we mainly offer support for mental health and dementia, with a few clients supported with using hoists / physical disabilities. This is a very enjoyable role where you will be involved in supporting exciting activities such as memory-sharing and outings.
* Care experience preferred although not as essential as a good understanding of providing care for another
* It is important that you have a self-motivated and cheerful attitude, with a naturally caring and considerate nature.
* You have a natural ability to build rapport with clients and it is super important that you are reliable as our clients depend on you and the responsibility for their care will fall to you.
* You have good verbal and written communication skills to ensure that every customer feels comfortable with you and you can communicate their care and requirements to the rest of the team.
* Please note that you will need an Enhanced DBS check in order to provide care support. We can accept a DBS from the Update Service or assist you with a check.
**Benefits for you**
* We offer a competitive salary of £8.21 per hour
* Up to 28 days paid holiday per year (inclusive of bank holidays, pro rata)
* A competitive pension scheme to help you plan for the future
* Flexible working hours and local work
* We will invest and provide you with 5 x days FREE Induction Training for which you will receive a Care Training Certificate.
* We will also continue to support your development throughout your career with us, through refresher training, knowledge and opportunities to develop your career within the care sector. It is important that you are willing to undergo continuous training and supervision when required.
If you are passionate about supporting customers and genuinely want to provide good care, we can offer you a career working in a friendly and supportive environment so please get in touch with us today!
Care Support is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. Please note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes a criminal record check
Salary : £8.21/hour