Electrical Design Engineer / Principal Electrical Design Engineer sought. Girling Jones require an Electrical Design Engineer / Principal Design Engineer to join our client, working in partnership with their clients and customers to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Their specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants. You will be responsible for the production and coordination of outline and detailed Design deliverables on combined Process / Mechanical / Electrical schemes, predominately in the water industry and providing an overall design package to the Project Manager. Feel you could contribute to the success of this progressive business? Read on..
Day to day,
* Ascertaining Clients requirements either through reference to their specification documents or more likely through visiting sites with their nominated personnel. A key requirement is the ability to determine the actual operational requirement and propose appropriate solutions.
* Working alongside the Design Manager/senior electrical designer and where applicable the Project Manager to ensure scheme designs are value engineered and adhere to client specifications whilst retaining appropriate levels of operational security and full compliance with all relevant Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
* To promote innovation and challenge parties involved to ensure cost effectiveness in all design activities.
* To provide outline and detailed engineering from inception to completion of schemes utilising our design partners, individual knowledge, site installation and construction personnel.
* To closely coordinate design production between in house design teams, external design companies, our suppliers and subcontractors and where applicable our clients designers.
* To ensure all design work is completed to agreed programmes, financial budgets and KPI’s.
* Liaison with client’s engineering staff or where applicable their design consultants to ensure designs are approved In accordance with the timescales stipulated within the contract.
* Attend internal and external design reviews and where applicable progress meetings.
What you’ll need to succeed,
* An industry applicable ONC / HNC / BEng or NVQ equivalent within a relevant field of engineering
* Experience and understanding of water and sewage treatment processes
* Commercial and contractual awareness
* Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
* Experience with AutoCAD software would be an advantage
* Experience with AMTECH
* Be able to generate electrical installation packs including but not limited to cable calculations, cable block diagrams, termination details, cable schedules
* Generate control philosophies, URS and FDS documents (where applicable) to client briefs and specifications
* Use of proprietary software to generate lighting design
* Strong team player but also able to work as an individual
* Ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
* Able to work in a busy environment under pressure
* Excellent communication skills (email/phone/face to face)
* Possess a “can do” attitude and provide to support to other members of the team as required
What you'll get in return?
* We’re offering not only a competitive wage, and package to include car, 25 days annual leave etc but the chance to join a business that has people at the very heart of the organisation. Get in touch for further details!
Interested? Click APPLY and contact Vic Bekker @ Girling Jones for further details.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
Salary : £35000 – £45000/annum Package