We have an exciting opportunity for a quality engineer to join an expanding world class engineering business. The role is to support the quality manager in maintaining and improving the AS9100 certified Quality Management System and also provide quality assurance advice to projects.
The main duties include:
* Undertaking internal audits and managing the actions;
* Ensuring that customer, regulatory and implied quality requirements and standards are identified and captured in project quality plans;
* Undertaking sub-contractor and supplier quality activities;
* Assisting with business & process improvement activities;
* Providing Quality Assurance advice and support to projects and production covering areas such as; quality tools, issue management, RCA, first article inspections, etc.;
* Participating in third party and customer Quality, Health, Safety, and Environmental events.
The role will be based in the Barnstaple area, relocating from other areas if necessary. Regular travel to other company sites and customer / supplier premises may also be required.
The ideal candidate will:
* Have good experience of auditing to ISO9001 and ideally AS9100, ISO14001 and ISO45001 in a project orientated Defence, Aerospace or similar business;
* Have electronics, mechanical and ideally software quality engineering experience;
* Be eligible for a UK Security clearance at least to Security Check level
MASS are an equal opportunities employer
Salary : £30000 – £35000/annum Plus company benefits