This will be the first time since early January that Gloucester is in action in the Gallagher Premiership Rugby. They will match up against the visiting, and league leaders, Exeter Chiefs. This will mark the fourth meeting of the two teams this season.
Here is everything you need to know before witnessing this anticipated match-up:
- The game will be on February 15 (Friday) and starts at 7:45 pm. BT Sport 1 will televise the game live.
- The Exeter Chiefs are hungry for their second title in the league; henceforth, they are expected to do everything they can to win. The last time they won a title was in the 2016-2017 season.
- The Chiefs led the league scored with 50. Their top try scorer of the season is former Gloucester player, Mark Kvesic, who has six out of 11 appearances.
- Exeter will not have the services of six of their players; namely, Ben Moon, Harry Williams, Henry Slade, Ollie Devoto, Jack Nowell, and Luke Cowan-Dickie, as all of them are training with England.
- Gloucester will be coming in the game with a loss against Leicester Tigers from their last match-up (early January). Their last win was before Christmas, against the New Castle Falcons at Kingston Park.
- Both teams know each other very well as they already met three times this season. Their first meeting was in November; the Exeter Chiefs had home advantage and won comfortably (23-6) at Sandy Park. The second meeting was in the Heineken Champions Cup– Chiefs had home advantage again, but did not do them any good as Gloucester won (19-27). On the third meeting, Gloucester had home advantage, but the Chiefs were determined to redeem themselves and won (17-29).
Will Gloucester manage to even their win-loss record against Exeter to 2 wins-2 losses? Or will Exeter prove they are a much better team by improving their win-loss record against Gloucester to 3 wins-1 loss? We’ll see soon enough. Tickets are still available.