There are new job openings in Devon. Whether in need of a permanent, an apprenticeship or a temporary seasonal role, opportunities exist.
The creation of the spectacular Anchorwood Bank site structure will also see hundreds of new jobs been made available.
The Anchorwood Bank site in North Devon is the most important development site available. This is because of the massive number of jobs that have been created. Relaxation spots and shopping outlets have been established. It has retailers consisting of Next, Iceland food warehouse, DFS national sofa and Tapi carpets.
Other job and apprenticeship positions in North Devon include:
- Tesco – Tesco is employing seasonal staff.
- The Barnstaple area has 33 available apprenticeship positions.
- The Bideford area has 29 available apprenticeship positions.
South West Devon
The South West provides the best employment rate in the UK. It is 78.9%, surpassing the national average of 75.5%. The unemployment rate is 3% compared to a national average of 4.1%. It has the lowest inactivity rate at 18.7% compared to the UK average of 21.2%
- Switch Health – there will be 50 new jobs because of its head office relocation to Gloucester Quays by December 2018.
- DHL- 200 new jobs will commence with DHL by January 2019 at Bristol Airport.
Exeter has seen some job growth. As at 29th October, there were 57 apprenticeship positions in the Exeter area.
- 40 positions currently exist (permanent and seasonal staff roles). These positions have been placed on glass windows around the City Centre. This does not however cover the Princesshay area.
- Lidl – currently recruiting against the new store opening for December.
- Guardian Healthcare and Helping Hands – both currently need Care and Support staff.
- The Brixham area has 16 apprenticeship positions covering Hospitality/Support, Health and Beauty.
- Next – huge job openings
- Tesco – a lot of available job openings
- Newton Abbott location currently has 48 open apprenticeship positions which cover hospitality, beauty and administration.
Tiverton has seen growth in production and hospitality roles.
- Chaplins Removals – work trials are currently being held.
- Tiverton’s 8/11 has 15 apprenticeship positions.
Do take advantage of these job opportunities.